Major, a beautiful boxer rescue…

boxer face

Pet Passions: Playing with other dogs, (especially young ones with lots of energy), going on walks, meeting new people, and getting to be up close and personal to the nearest human in the room.

Pet Peeves: Being ignored. (But luckily now that he has a new family, that rarely happens!)

Breed: Boxer

Age (at time of photo session): 4 years

boxer face

rescue boxer face

New Story: Collin was adopted and now his name is Major! His new parents are so happy to have him. He had to go through heartworm treatment, which is never fun, but he’s a trooper and he’ll be just fine. Thanks Austin Boxer Rescue for helping Major find his new family!

Original Story: This flashy brindle boxer was found as a stray in San Antonio, Texas which landed him in a small cell at the local shelter. No one claimed Collin, so Austin Boxer Rescue got him out before he would have been euthanized. Amazingly, he doesn’t appear traumatized by his experience, he’s super sweet, very well socialized, and LOVES other dogs. He loves people too, he was all wiggles when Allan came into the studio. It was impossible not to fall in love with him while he was here. It’s just so hard to understand how he could have been with an owner who didn’t care much about him. The good news is, he’s in great hands now!

Collin will make someone very happy as it’s easy to see he’s got a lot of love to give. He was malnourished when Austin Boxer Rescue took him in, but now he’s very healthy and his coat is beautiful. He is heartworm positive, so he’s looking for a caring family that won’t mind helping him with his treatment.

We hope to see Collin on a Verysupercool card in the future. We only feature dogs on our cards after they have found their forever family, so let’s hope he is adopted soon! Be sure to check back to see what his new name will be, and hopefully we’ll have a video of him too!

Please visit Austin Boxer Rescue to see all the great dogs they currently have available. And, if you want this sweet boy with an underbite to be part of your family, just go to his page and fill out the online application!

, ,

1,199 Responses to Major, a beautiful boxer rescue…

1. Marie May 25, 2008 at 6:20 pm #

Being Collin’s Foster Mom I’m not entirely objective, but is this a great lookin’ guy or what? As hard as it will be to let him go, I look forward to finding a Forever Family for Collin in the near future. Whoever ends up with this guy is getting a real gem.

2. Vicky May 25, 2008 at 7:20 pm #

Collin you are very super cute! Any family would be lucky to have you!! :)

3. Sondra May 25, 2008 at 11:11 pm #

Collin, I hope you find your new home and your cute mug gets on a card soon!!!

4. Susan May 26, 2008 at 8:06 am #

Collin, you will find a home soon… just look at you! Who could not fall in love with that underbite!

5. Andrew May 26, 2008 at 8:39 am #

What a great site! Collin is a good looking guy and Boxers are fabulous family dogs.

6. patrick May 26, 2008 at 9:13 am #

great site. great dog. Collin is going to make some folks very happy.

7. Verysupercool Sue May 26, 2008 at 9:52 am #

Thanks for all the great comments! I have to tell you after Marie left with Collin, my husband proclaimed, “I want Collin!” Of course I had to talk him down, we just can’t adopt as many dogs as we would like.

Which reminds me of a quote on one of our cards, “Old age means realizing you’ll never own all the dogs you wanted to.” It’s SO true!

8. Major May 26, 2008 at 9:52 am #

He’s sure to be adopted soon with that face and a proactive foster-mom like Marie.

9. Jeanne May 26, 2008 at 9:07 pm #

What a looker! I mean, seriously, who wouldn’t want to bring that face home? If I lived any closer, I’d definitely consider it, but I’ll have to be happy with just one boxer for now… Collin – I look forward to hearing about your soon-to-be lucky family.

10. Melissa June 12, 2008 at 7:22 am #

My husband and I just lost a boxer to heart failure, started looking online and have filled out an application with ABR. Are hoping to meet him very soon, we meet with a volunteer on Saturday. We have a 2 yr old female that has the same markings, we think they would be a cute match. :)

11. Marie June 13, 2008 at 2:02 pm #

Hi Melissa! I’m so sorry about your boxer. I would LOVE to help you find another one. I just dropped Collin off for his 72 hour evaluation period with a FANTASTIC new owner that seems very in love with him already. I think it’s going to work out with them but if it doesn’t we can arrange for y’all to meet. Thanks for applying with ABR — we have LOTS of wonderful dogs! Have you looked at Bojangles on the site?

12. Christian Bruce July 19, 2008 at 9:26 pm #

What a beauty!

13. Lauraatje January 17, 2009 at 2:30 pm #

i have ook een Boxer!!=D en dat is very funny!!

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes